Thursday, March 21, 2013

Embellish My Daughter, Embellish My World!

My motto this week is:

Embellish My Daughter, Embellish My World!

This week I made a dedicated effort to "embellish" my daughter each day as she headed out the door to school.

Day #1

Fabric Cover Button Snap Barrettes! In just a few minutes, using these simple instructions found on our website or check out our blog for this tutorial:


http://www.gotluxsnaps.com/home/gotlux-snaps-craft-tutorials-1/cover-button-tutorials

I constructed Cover Buttons (Size 36 Flat Back, from our line of Cover Buttons) with some scraps of pretty fabric, Daughter's choice, of course. Then she picked coordinating Snap Barrettes (Light Pink, sold by us) and using a little bit of E6000 (also available through our store), we glued our pretty Cover Buttons and left them to set overnight.

By the morning, we had some very cute "embellishments" for her hair that she very proudly wore to school. They were a hit with her friends and made her day.

All the supplies needed to make these cute barrettes are available in our store:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GotLuxSnaps


No comments:

Post a Comment